"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry (belated) Christmas and Happy (coming) New Year



So I don't really have any good Christmasy pictures. I keep forgetting my camera (dagnabbit) but luckily someone else always has one; now I just need to get the pictures from them.
My friend Nancy has been writing about what she was doing a year ago today. Last year we were running around to see all of our family and had only a vague thought that we would like to start our family sometime in the coming year. And what a year it's been. It's really unreal to think about how much can happen and how much one's life can change in what is really a short period of time. The years seem to go by so fast and I'm told now it will only get worse since children are in the picture. We are so happy to have our little one and moon over him daily. I can't help but get excited about all the adventures to come while feeling a tad bit of sorrow as each day passes and my little puppy gets bigger and bigger; growing into those large hands and feet of his. Ah well...
Our Christmas was rather quiet. We slept in as little one needed the sleep (he had almost no naps the day before). Our Christmas present this year was a new blender from Oma and Opa; just in time too as ours pooped out the day before. Cash received the entire collection of Shel Silverstien from his Auntie Jess (my parent's next door neighbor who I grew up with). I am more excited at the moment , especially since he is one of my favorite childrens authors. We went to see the new National Treasure movie at the Sebastopol theater in our very own sky booth (must have a baby to reserve the room). Afterward Clay took me to see some of the lights in Windsor . There was one house that I have to go take a picture of and post it for you. Totally decked out and set to music on their very own station. Very cool. Then we had dinner and played Cranium with Clay's family. A fun game, once we figured out how to play. Since then Clay has been catching up on work and I've been catching up on house work (cleaning, dishes, laundry, and LOTS of cooking since we are trying not to eat out as much). Now I just have to take down the Christmas stuff and we'll be set for the new year. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and we'll see you in the new year soon!
P.S. So I don't have any pictures of me and Cash since I'm the one always taking them. This was my attempt to take one by myself and as you can see my aim is off by quite a bit. Note to self, take better aim.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hi Cullen!
Thank you for the nice comments on my blog. Those Christmas pics were hilarious. I did NOT do them on my own. I have a friend who I have hired to come and help me several hours a week and we did a couple of photo shoots. The out takes were great..I tried to post some, but for some reason blogspot was not letting me upload them....

I hear you on eating at home more....we've been eating so many carbs; New Year's will bring with it the South Beach or other carb reduced plan.... I'd love to bring you guys a meal sometime. ( I actually wanted to do this a LONG time ago....) Do you prefer high carb or low carb???? heeehee

On a more solemn note: not sure if you heard the news about Norine. She apparently passed away the beginning of December. (in her sleep, heart attack?) I think there may have been some other health issues too. Not sure. Very sad.

On a happier note: you have the cutest little boy! He often has that worried look on his face that Christopher gets....what COULD they be thinking about??????

Hope you guys have a great New Year. I'll be in touch!
Love,
Nancy

Blog Archive