"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Summer in April

So, our weekend hasn't been anything we planned on it being. First off, I came down with something on Friday night so that I ended up not going to my Scottish dance workshop on Saturday. Instead, I slept in until noon (thanks dear) and then we had a picnic out front so as to enjoy the summer like weather we've been having and cool off in the shade.I realized that I have no pictures of Cash taking a bath since I'm usually giving him one and can't do that and take a picture. Clay was our photographer and I strategically placed the ducky- no need for embarrasing nude pictures to look back on when he gets older.
Well, he's been trying, and finally he is flexible enough to do it; eat the toes! Yummy.
Next on the to-do list: eat the camera. If he wants it he goes after it with an open mouth, not necessarily an open mind.
I'm in a "get rid of" cleaning mood and so, even though we hadn't tried it out yet, I was going to get rid of the jumpy door thingy Jen gave us. Clay insisted that we not and hook it up. I would say that Cash loves it, but not in the jumpy sense. He prefers to sit and observe in it, walk around (in a limited fashion of course) and attempt to eat the door frame. As long as he's amused and not hurting himself, others, or property...


I had heard that the coast was supposed to be beautiful since we were getting eighty degree weather. Since I was taking it easy on Saturday we decided to go Sunday. Unfortunately (or maybe not) Cash and I took a nap until almost 3:30pm so by the time we made lunch, left the house and drove out there it was nearly 5:30pm. Apparently the sun disappeared and gave way to fog about 4-ish. We attempted to fly a kite, nonetheless. And I have to mention here, because it really is a brilliant idea, that Clay did so with a fishing rod. Easy for that reeling in action.

Aunt Cammie came out with us. We (except Clay-the-Eagle-Scout) were a little under prepared.

What with the misty fog rolling in over the green countryside we thought we were in England. Except, of course, I've never been to England for compareson...
Clay, silly man, did not take a nap before our beach excursion. Yes, he's snoring.

Hope you all have pleasant dreams too.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you had a very fun weekend. How does Clay sleep like that? I am glad you didn't get rid of the jumpy thing. I think Cash will really start to like it once he gets the hang of it. Myles, at first, loved to spin himself aroudn it in.

Blog Archive