Friday was not the best day. It started out just fine. We went to Dr. Miraglia's for Cash's six month appointment. He weighed in at 17 pounds and 8 ounces and was measured at 27.5 inches long (I still think he's closer to 28, myself). That puts him in the 50th percentile in weight and keeps him in the 90-95th percentile in height. Long and lanky like Clay. We didn't get shots as we are looking for more affordable options (Sutter charges anywhere between $56 and $205 for each vaccine and Blue Cross doesn't cover it all)- we're even considering changing to Kaiser (not sure how to spell that one...). And I recieved another bill for Cash's December appointment. It's a good thing I checked it out because they had billed me for three additional vaccines that we didn't get. So, a word for all you out there, always check your medical bill because the front office doesn't always know what the back office is doing. I've had more problems with Sutter on this point in the past. Of course, I've mostly been with Sutter. I imagine all medical agencies have much the same issue.
Anyhoo, Cash has had a very minor cough the past couple of days, but then I noticed in the afternoon yesterday he was starting to get a tad bit of a runny nose, and then he felt on the warmish side. He ran a low grade fever (max of 101) that finally relented in the night. I believe it's from all the children touching him on Thursday.
*Side Note: On Thursday I went to help my Scottish dance teacher with his highland classes and then ended up teaching them as his back was troubling him. Well, when you have two classes full of little girls.... they pretty much attacked Cash. I tried my darndest to keep them from touching him, but I only have two hands and one of them was holding him. It didn't help that the parents weren't being of any use. Why people don't keep their kids from touching babies on the hands and in the face is quite beyond me. I wiped him down with his diaper wipes as best I could immediatley after, but I think the damage had already been done. Then again, it could be from somewhere else entirely, I suppose...
And while Oma and Opa were taking care of my sicky (who also had an "accident" of the diapering kind- good thing he's already endeared himself to the grandparents) I was running the DJ-ing for the Friday night Groove Room at Ellington Hall. I have vowed never to do so again. I'll leave it at that. Clay was working a fundraiser so it was a busy night had by all.
This weekend should continue with the busy streak. Today Cash and I will take a walk to the library (I love checking out movies and books there- free as long as you bring it back on time :), Clay has a signing, and then he'll be helping out with the church prom. Then there's no rest for the weary on Sunday and on Monday Clay begins recording for the hockey game. More on that: it's for the 2k9 sports series game that is coming out next year. One of the people Clay was telling this too was excited because he has the 2k7 and plans on getting the next one and thought it grand that Clay will be his hocky announcer. Wierd.
Hope my griping didn't get you down. I'm just grateful Cash is doing somewhat better; I don't know why I get so worried over fevers. Is there anything to do for fevers, other than just waiting them out? Probably not, eh? It's supposed to be beautiful weather today.... Enough rambling, I should go take a nap. You too :)
1 comment:
i am glad cash is ok... my friends baby (same age as brooke) just got out of icu with pneumonia. Now I'm all scared all the time & she's constantly sleeping in bed with us. Better safe than sorry I guess.
Post a Comment