"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bloomin' hot!

Or that's how we would describe how the weather has been lately. And that's at night; during the day it's freakishly, fiendishly roasting. Two nights ago we couldn't get the temperature in our house below 82 degrees since it wasn't any cooler out of doors. What was "fiendishly warm" downstairs was downright impossible upstairs so we turned our living room into a make-shift bedroom. One of the many moments I'm grateful Cash sleeps in a play yard rather than a proper crib. And our Ikea couch has earned it's worth many times over.
Cash now not only crawls but climbs. Yes, we have a climber folks. His primary purpose at this point is just to get to standing position so he can attempt to inch/walk his way along a bit before he loses his balance. Here he is trying to climb his play yard. It's a good thing I didn't try to keep him in his bassinet any longer than I did or we'd be reporting more serious accidents.

I love sitting there, minding my own business, and having a little one crawl over to me and climb me just for the joy of standing. It's good to be useful :) It's funny to watch him try to get to standing when all he can hold onto is the floor. It's kind of like the downward dog position in yoga. We really need to get the whole child proofing thing done. More so I don't have to constantly be averting his attention. What can I say, I'm lazy.
Cash is seven months today. He's eating rice cereal, squash (which he's getting tired of), pears (which he's never really liked), peaches (which he loves), bananas (also not too fond of), and sweet potatoes (which I've discontinued because I think they're giving him a diaper rash). But I wouldn't say he's a picky eater; he'll eat it, I just pick up on the subtlty of the things he prefers. I'm looking forward to adding in green beans, apples, avacados and possibly carrots in the next couple of weeks.
Wedding season is upon us. Clay has been working the past couple of weekends and I start the end of this month. June is pretty crammed.
Will post Cash's seven month pictures and info soon. He looks different but not at the same time. Maybe it's just me. Wishing you all cooler weather!

No comments:

Blog Archive