We've been dreadfully ill; we being me and Cash. Although, I suspect Clay may be coming down with it now. Personally, the Noro virus would be better simply for the fact that it's over within 24 hours. Instead, Cash has been ill since Friday, me since Monday, and while it seems we may have reached the top of the mountain, it's a long way coming down. The only good thing about being sick is that now I know exactly how Cash feels and know why he doesn't want to eat (sore throat and no real appetite despite being hungry, etc, etc). But his appetite has improved over the last day or so and he seems to be in somewhat better spirits too. I know they say that when they hit six months they tend to go through a clingy stage, but I think being sick has amplified it. If I had a penny for every time he said "mama" I would be a very rich woman. In truth, I don't know that he knows I am mama, but he does know to use it in a pinch when in distress. And it seems to be specifically me he wants; he has to see me, not just hear me.
The weather has not helped in the whole being sick thing. When Cash's cough was first getting dreadful it was raging hot outside and we needed to cool down the house. There was nothing for it but to take him downstairs and turn our bathroom into a sauna since doing it upstairs would have been murder for the next day, which was also dreadufully warm. Then a cool front came in and the weather turned blustery. Much more condusive to humidifier usage. For the mornings I made Cash a make-shift scarf,
I've been so grateful to have Clay. He's done a good job at taking care of both of us, and I don't think I could have handled taking care of him and Cash and myself. Honestly, I couldn't even take care of myself alone; my house was in such disrepair my mom had to come dig me out. Thank you for going the extra mile and even cleaning my toaster oven too, mom!
We hear that this cold/flu thing is going around and hope that you all don't come down with it. In the meantime, stay away from us; for your own health. Hugs from afar...
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing the great photos, Cullen! They are adorable! Hope you all feel better soon!
Love you!
Post a Comment