"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

And he screamed and screamed and screamed...

Have to tell you all about my little Cash today. So mom and I are cleaning a house in a developement called Oakmont. Now, for those of you who don't know, Oakmont is a retirement community. And, it's not just A retirement community, it is THE retirement community to end all retirement communities. All you have to do is say "Oakmont" and everyone in Sonoma County knows what you're talking about.
So we're cleaning a house out in Oakmont and Cash is screaming. Might I reiterate he's screaming and not crying. He's screaming because he's tired of being in the playpen and wants to be out exploring and he's screaming 'cause he's starting to get tired and he's screaming because he's going through this really needy/clingy time right now where he wants me to hold him if I'm there, and at the very least see me at all times. However, I'm trying to dust the house so I can't be in the same room as him at all times and I certainly can't hold him. After about a half hour or 45 minutes I finally get him to sleep.
About ten minutes later my mom says "what?" and then rushes to the door and says to the friendly Santa Rosa Police Officer lady, "you're here about the baby, aren't you?" Yes, that's right folks. The neighbor called the cops because of Cash's incessant screaming. And as my parents would say, "like mother like son," or as the nice, understanding police officer said (paraphrased since her actual statement required a "pardon my language" preface) "what goes around comes around." That's my boy...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I got to the part where mom answered the door and there was a police officer and then I laughed soooooo hard! Ah, he's pulling a Ben, he he. At least mine isn't the only one that is clingy :) At least you know he loves you. Good times, good time!

mb said...

WHAT?!?!?!? That's the bay area for you. Thanks for making me not feel homesick anymore.

Blog Archive