I would have put something in sooner but my computer is having issues and we have finally had the time to deal with them. Our weekend was insane: Clay had a wedding rehearsal, we taught dance, and then he had a project grad until 3am on Friday night, then we both had all day weddings on Saturday but I baby sat that morning (which made me realize why one doesn't have children within nine months of each other) and then we had a ginormous family gathering for my Papa's 80th birthday on Sunday. Today I watched Myles and Cash while most of the fam went to Safari West (safari sonoma county style). We are due to have a fun packed week!

I have begun to make my own baby food. Pictured here are butternut squash (orange) and peaches (yellow). I have also made apples and green beans. I think they are all pretty tastey, but I find that Cash doesn't like "real" baby food as much as say Gerber baby food. I really don't think the Gerber stuff is bad at all (everyone puts it down for having preservatives but I would like to point out that it doesn't; just read the label). I do think it has less flavor and thus postulate that the sudden occurence of said flavor has not been agreeable with Cash. He continues to love his fruits but doesn't even like fresh made corn. Go figure. He is now eating butternut squash, green beans, corn, carrots, sweet potatoes, peaches, pears, apples, strawberries, bananas, rice, and barley. I have been informed by the lady at WIC that I need to start feeding him meats. I don't know why I don't feel like doing that; I think it's along the lines of not enjoying cooking meats combined with the thought of meat puree...blek.

Another first: hair cutting. Cash was starting to get a bit of a mullet, and I cannot have a mullet in my house. So we trimmed the back of his head; we being Clay and I since I quickly discovered it was impossible to cut the hair of a mobile seven month old on one's own. Kudos to Clay for doing such a good job of fixing my initial hack and slash trim.

No, we don't abuse our child. He brought it on himself. Cash doesn't like to sit when you go to put him down; he wants to stand ALL the time. Apparently he arched his back when Clay was trying to set him down and threw his head into the door jam. His first real shiner....aaahhh.... I have never seen something turn purple and swell up so fast in my life. I think what made him cry for so long though was the ice. I have been informed since the incident that desiten helps a lot. Mental note for the future....

We got a new car seat. He hasn't completely grown out of his old one yet, but he will very soon and we thought we might need this one for Myles while the family was visiting. It looks like a throne, in my opinion, and Opa calls it his Cadillac seat. It is awfully nice. It was more than I initially wanted to spend, but we had some left over gift cards and the seat is rated to last up to about five years of age or fifty pounds which is longer than all the other seats I was looking at. I figure all in all it was a good deal. Now if only they came in adult sizes...
I was musing the other day about how babies learn to eat on their own with a spoon (or utensils in general) and figured at some point he has to start practicing so it might as well be now. The best time is breakfast since cereal is the cheapest food and I don't mind letting a bit of it go to waste in the name of "education"...
Okay, it's not all education. Some of it ends up in "play time."


The family is here! They arrived on Thursday just in time for the first Windsor Town Green event of the season.

Here Myles discovers the fun of swinging from a tree. Yes, I took some more in focus pictures, but I thought this one had a tinge of charm to it.

Myles and Cash have been good play buddies. Cash is finally mobile, hardy and interactive enough to do stuff with and has even started to take an interest in other "little people." Myles is always giving Cash hugs and playing with him and doesn't do a half bad job at sharing; better than Cash for sure. Jen was telling me this fantastic scenario where both Myles and Cash were racing for Cash's ball. Well of course Myles got there first, but when Cash did arrive he held onto Myles' ear until he gave up the prize. Yup, that's my kid: the seven month bully! Nah, but they even took a bath together and I'll be posting those cute pictures when I get them. Okay, I think I'm finally all caught up.
2 comments:
Sorry for the extra work over your crazy weekend! We won't ever do that again and really appreciate it. We will definitely be taking you both (or all three rather) out for dinner.
If he's eating barley does he need meats? I am sure there are a lot of protein/iron substitutes out there. I personally shove meat down my throat as fast as possible to get it ober with. My friend made a splet/veggie dish that was amazing, though and I keep telling myself I need to go buy some spelt to eat. I have eaten so much whole wheat in my life that every time I eat 100% whole wheat anymore I get deathly ill. So now I have to switch to other stuff which isn't so bad.
So, when are you coming to Disney World with the kiddo????!?!?
Post a Comment