"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thank heaven for pools...

I scored today! In shopping terms of course. Target was having a sale and I had it on good authority from one of our clients that they had the water toy I wanted for Cash. It was on sale- and we love it! You should see him toodling around the pool in his car. I like it 'cause it keeps him shaded, makes beep sounds from the horn on the steering wheel, and it wears him out from all the kicking he does in it. Besides, when it's not in the pool it holds all his toys in the living room and is still a fun play toy on land.


We did notice, however, the static electricity that it generates has an effect on his hair...

We had a doctors appointment the other day as they were interested in Cash's lopsidedness (favors his left arm and when in a rush throws his right leg forward when crawling). They aren't concerned because it appears to be quite mild and should lessen over time, but we are supposed to keep an eye on it for when he starts walking. Cash's official size now is 18 lbs and 12 oz and he is 29 inches long.

We've been having another heat wave. I hate summer weather. I'm more of a spring/fall kind of girl.

Cash is now frequently standing for five to ten seconds on his own, and consiously to- not accidentally like he used to. And when he's done he doesn't just flop down, he sits down nicely. Walking here we come! He's eating peas, green beans, carrots, lentils, corn, sweet potatoes, squash, chicken, potatoes, apples, pears, peaches, nectarines, plums, mango, banana, avacado, strawberries, grapes, pineapple, blueberries, rice, barley, oatmeal and yogurt. He's not into the chewing thing yet despite that he's got two center bottom teeth and one upper center tooth broken through and another two upper teeth on the way. I think that teething and the heat were the main factors for the crankiness of today.
Well, wishing you all happiness.

No comments:

Blog Archive