"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Latest Stats

We went for our 9 month well baby check up today (yes, that's correct; we missed the 9 monther earlier so we're doing it now even though he's 10 months). Cash is 30 inches long and 19 lbs 15 oz which keeps him in the 90th percentile for height and puts him in the 25th percentile for weight. Like I always say: long and lean. I feel like when I describe him like that people think I'm a moron. I don't know if that's because he doesn't look long and lean (I admit clothing does add a bit of bulk) or if they refuse to think that a healthy baby doesn't have to look like the Goodyear blimp. But he is healthy and continues to be precoious. Dr. Miraglia confirmed that he's ahead of schedule as far as walking, etc. and thinks he'll be a lefty since that's still his hand of choice. The good news is that he seems to have equal strength and reflexivity in both sides. Just like we already knew: Cash is fantastic.
Although, I must have dressed him funny or something today because both the nurse and front desk lady thought he was a girl. I admit that we were running behind and I had him in his pajamas, so it was either that or he's just such a beautiful boy. I kept saying "good boy" to him in an effort to try and nonchalantly let her know he wasn't a girl, but I don't think she ever picked up on it. Maybe they should check the chart next time. Like I always say, I LOVE Dr. Miraglia, but his staff leaves something to be desired.

No comments:

Blog Archive