"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, August 11, 2008

Let the chewing begin!

Finally, he chews! This may not seem like much to most of you out there, but Cash has absolutely refused to chew, thus requiring pureed everything still. I won't tell you the mid-evil methods to which I resorted to getting him to chew, but lets say it involved losing his lunch two days in a row. And no, I did not harm or torture my child. Really, only the grandparents, Cami, and Britt can appreciate how Cash would gag on anything not entirely liquid. What motivated me to push him past his squeamishness for more solid fare was the lady at WIC who was appalled that he wasn't eating chunks of anything. "What about noodles," she says. I'm thinking, "what part of 'he chokes and gags on everything' do you not understand?" But she did give me a brilliant idea about using plain yogurt and adding my homemade fruit to make my own and then mixing plain yogurt with the hard boiled egg yolk too. And in the end all is well; Cash has eaten chunks of kiwi and banana. Tomorrow cheerios...

No comments:

Blog Archive