We woke up to the muffled sounds of Cash crying. Last time I checked he was in our bed, but I felt around and couldn't find him. He had to be under the covers since it was muffled, but again he was no where to be found. This is all happening in a matter of nanoseconds as my brain quickly drew to the only conclusion (which was also the right one)... he had nuzzled his way to the bottom of the bed, under the covers (thankfully) until he'd gone over the edge and gotten stuck/wedged where the sheet tucks under the mattress. There's always a bit of space down there since Clay's feet hang over the edge (our mattress needs to be reincarnated as a king instead of the queen it is right now- though I think he'd fit just fine if he curled up a bit) so he just fell into that "pocket" so to speak. So here we are- Clay holding him up from the outside while I throw the sheets back (over Clay) to get to little one in order to rescue him. He was still sleepy so he went right back to sleep but I think he was dreaming about the ordeal later because he started crying in his sleep a little later on. Poor babe.
Cash loves the remote control and knows that he can make it do things if he stands and points it outward while pressing buttons as he's seen mama and dada do it.
and is making some new sounds. One is his funny back of the throat laugh which I think is from mimicking me. I never thought I had a funny laugh until David called it to my attention, so apparently I do, and now Cash can do it to!
I also discovered about a couple of weeks ago that Cash is frightened by the blender.
I found out while I was making him some baby food, but then he displayed it again when we were making smoothies the other night. And yet he loves the vacuum, go figure. You know, for as tall as our bubba is he still fits relatively well into most if not all of his nine to twelve month clothes, though he is into his eighteen month pajamas. And while his pants are just starting to be too short they're still falling off of our skinny mini at the waist. He really isn't a food hound. In fact, last night I gave him some of my pasta and turkey meatballs that I'd made. It takes him so long to chew everything and swallow that he gets terribly frustrated since he's hungry and wants it pronto. I ended up having to make him some regular baby food to finish him off since it was taking so long that he was falling asleep with his eyes open. Although part of that is a direct result of naptimes not going so well. If he takes an hour and a half in the middle of the day he'll fight taking another one later so he'll be Grumplestilskin later on. It generally makes going to sleep at bedtime a breeze though.
1 comment:
the videos haven;t been working for me. i hope its my computer & i can see them later... agh!
Post a Comment