"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, October 20, 2008

End of Birthday Celebrations

It seems like we had a larger influx of toys then we should have during Cash's birthday season simply because we got a lot of hand-me-downs and borrowed items from Cazra. I love it because it means no one has to buy so many.

We continued with birthday boy celebrations on Sunday. It ended up consisting of just us and Oma and Opa as most people forgot, etc. Which was for the best in the end as I somehow managed to throw my back out Sunday morning. It progressed to the point that I could no longer pick Cash up and could hardly breath. So I was quite grateful I didn't have to play the gracious hostess but could lay on the heating pad while my parents helped Cash open his last couple of presents. After the festivities and dinner we gave Cash a bath so he could play with his new tub toys. Clay turned him into the Caped Crusader with new drumstick in hand. I've only posted the diapered ones as I don't think in the years to come Cash would appreciate me posting the nudies.

Past the one year mark and already I think we're heading into the Terrible Twos. Not that Cash is terribly behaved, but I think he's at the point where he is trying to talk and tell us things and gets frustrated when we don't understand or don't give him what he wants. His modus aperandi (or whatever it is in Latin) is to throw himself prostrate on the ground when not getting his way. This inevitably leads to more upsetness if he isn't careful where he throws himself. He also screams and whines a lot more. I've decided to try blowing in his face as "no" doesn't seem to do the trick. Will let you know how that works. But over all we have a fantastic, happy baby who's exploring his world more and more every day.

1 comment:

mb said...

i just overhead bill talking on the phone to a friend and i had to email you his comment..

"is that french-canadian, or regular canadian?"

hahaha...

Blog Archive