"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Power of Prayer

So it's not as if I didn't know prayer works- in fact my survival of yesterday depended upon it, but as Cami said, sometimes it's good to be reminded of it.
I got home on Friday night hungry and my blood sugar was quite low. I had planned on having a snack after putting Cash down, but it took so long that we both ended up falling asleep despite my absolute misery from being starving at that point. I woke up Saturday morning feeling ill from bottom of the barrel blood sugar so I made myself a quick bowl of cold cereal thinking that would do the trick. Well, it didn't and the situation progressed to the point I couldn't keep anything down. Now the only reason I'm going into this is that I had a wedding later that day and when I tell people "I'm sick" most seem to think "amorpheously not feeling well" unless I specifically say "hey, I'm trying not to lose it I'm so sick." So I'm REALLY sick. And mental note for all you out there, this is the bad part about being self employed in a fairly specialized job. Anyhoo, so I make it to the wedding and I have a couple close calls (like when the bride is getting ready and I'm trying to balance filming this with having to sit down and breath or lose it). Just as the ceremony is about to start I uttered a heartfelt prayer in absolute desperation as for me the ceremony is one of the most physically demanding parts of a wedding. It was instantaneous. I felt as if I hadn't been sick at all previously- no tiredness, weakness, illness. Now granted right after the ceremony I went back to feeling retched until about 5:30pm that evening (just in time try to eat a smidge and do the next important sections of the wedding) but I had had my mini miracle and boy howdy was that more than enough for me. Heavenly Father truly does answer prayers and miracles happen every day.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Loved your entry. It is reassuring to know that prayers are answered everyday and miracles still happen. A testimony of prayer is a wonderful thing. Our Heavenly Father is truly aware of us and our needs.....just waiting for us to knock and he will open the door.

thebohans said...

i had a similar experience in costco yesterday- you know costco doesn't take any credit card except mastercard, which we don't have, and i forgot my pin # because i always run my debit card as a credit. well i realize on my way to costco that i've forgotten the pin # but i go anyways, went to the atm to try to see if i could remember it- atm was acting up and freezing up. great. so, i go through costco anyways, filling my basket to the brim... then i utter a prayer and BAM!!! the pin # flashed before my eyes. i still went up front & asked to pay for only 1 thing first to see if my # worked (not doubting the Lord but didn't want to have to un-ring everything...) and it was the pin, of course! it was such a strong reminder that he does answer prayers and reminded me also that moving to florida WAS an answer to our prayers no matter how hard it was! thanks for your story of faith! love it!

Blog Archive