"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gearing up!

It's that time- gearing up for Cash's birthday and Halloween! I've decorated and reorganized our living room/dining room and relocated the baby gate so that I don't feel so clostraphobic anymore. Aah... (deep breath)
It's been a busy week; more work than originally planned and the final push to finish taxes. But the good news is it's done! Woo hoo! And I still have one more week to work on my editing before I have to go back to helping Oma.
Today we hung out with our friends Holly, Ryan and Pearl after church. I can't believe Pearl is already eight months- I remember holding her when she was brand spankin' new and so tiny. She's still tiny- especially compared with Cash who looks more and more like a toddler every day.



The only other new and exciting thing I can think of that happened this last week was my amazing e-bay purchases. I've never shopped on e-bay before, but I've been wanting to get Cash some good shoes now that he's walking EVERYWHERE and all the time. For those of you bent on getting your little one's the best shoes possible you'll appreciate how expensive those type of shoes are (like pedoodles, pedipeds, robeez, and see kai run)- like $30-40. Not only am I gifted with both German and Scottish tightfisted heritage, but there is no justifacation for spending that much on an item that will last you six months at best. I resolved that there had to be used items out there in decent enough condition and for a much more reasonable price. Which pretty much sums up the purpose of e-bay. So, to cut to the chase, I got two amazing buys for a total of a whopping $12. Yeah baby. Can I just say I rock.
And speaking of rocking- this week is set to rock. We are going to go to Olufs Ranch pumpkin patch and corn maze, spend some time with the Dunfords, and for Cash's birthday visit our nurses in St. Helena, our dearest Trish and go dancing, with festivities (primarily cake and visiting with friends and family) to continue on Sunday.
In closing, I absolutely love this time of year; the weather cooling, blustery whirlwinds whipping up the leaves, Halloween and harvest decorations, grapes being harvested, fields of pumpkins laying a carpet of green and orange... it rocks.

No comments:

Blog Archive