"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, July 6, 2009

Snipits of 4th of July in Vigrinia City

I have tons more photos from our 4th of July trip to Virginia City, but I don't have access to them right now (I forgot the camera in Clay's car) so these will have to tide you over from the Flip.
The video that I took this first one from is the best- Cash got so carried away with his flag waving that he wacked Clay with it.
The boys watching the V & T railroad get ready to head out. We wanted to take Cash to see the train before we went for our train the ride the next day so he wouldn't be so scared. But the train is awfully loud- he 'bout jumped a mile high when the whistle went off and his little heart was racing a mile a minute. He did great on the moonlight ride though.
We went to an animal sanctuary called the Animal Ark. They also had a really nice playground and Cash really enjoyed going down the slide with dad.

But I think Cash's favorite part was the pool at the Grand Sierra Hotel. It's called the Beach because it's surrounded by sand and they have sand toys for the kids to play with too.
On our trip Cash acquired several more words: his favorite was pool (which is where he wanted to be the most), go, up (which isn't new but was used in new ways- it now means down and out and pretty much any direction of movement), and eat.
More to come soon..

No comments:

Blog Archive