"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend adventures

The original plan was to fulfill all of Cash's yearning for trains by going to Train Town in Sonoma. Our day didn't pan out like we'd planned though, so we headed to Howarth Park for a more car-like ride aboard their "engine 74."
Pop pops and trains have always been synonymous, but now they will forever be inextricably intertwined. Cash loves his trains and Pop pops :)
He's found a new passion too- the carousel. At first he was quite scared, but by the end he didn't want to get off. He rode it three times- once with each of us.
They also have farm animals you can pet. Cash got to see the cow (no petting the cow and pigs though. not sure why) and made great friends with the goats and sheep. He wanted to give them kisses, but I held him back. He also wanted to touch the sheeps bum. Didn't let that happen either. I try to not to let my kid live in a bubble, but there are some things I just can't let go of.

We rode the train twice and attempted to take a family photo. This is the best we could do.
It's a little easier to fit two heads in up close rather than three.
And finally.... the new haircut. I love it. It looks better than this, but this is the best self portrait I could manage.


No comments:

Blog Archive