Finally put hats on our gnomes. We use them for our stories every week
Our favorite park thus far is in Silver City. Big green spaces, swings, play structure and the best old school slide EVER.
Clay brought us home goodies from the Montessorie store in Santa Rosa- beeswax crayons, a knitting doll and a math game. Cash insists that he's not good at math anymore, but I think it's just him feeling out of his element since we are no longer doing worksheet driven math.
One of my photo a day. It was as big as my hand.
Over a week ago we hopped the train that's up a block (the V&T) and took it to Gold Hill and had lunch at the hotel.
Later that week we attended a BBQ put on by our friends in the Highlands who own the Virginia City Inn. It's got a really nice green space out back with this view.
We are on the fourth Harry Potter book. Now the kids like to pretend to play wizards chess. Cash is slowly getting a hang of the way the pieces move, but for the most part they don't follow the usual rules.
Clay was gone a second weekend in a row to back up a DJ who's wife is expecting at any time. Tupp decided to cut her own hair while I was trying to make the summer solstice fun, plan my talk and her primary talk for the following day. Farmers market strawberries and fresh made whip cream were a somewhat effective balm.
This last Monday the Scirica's arrived- JP was doing a magic show at the Gold Hill Hotel for their weekly lecture series. We went to a Reno ACes game Monday evening and crossed path with horses on the way.
Addie stayed for a sleepover two nights in a row and was a good cuddler for Pherson.
Pop Pop and Gigi arrived late on Tuesday so we had a few brief visits through Friday.
Saturday I attended a Scottish Country Dance workshop in Truckee. My teacher from Santa Rosa, Ron Wallace, came to instruct. I have a new found respect for country dancers- it's definitely a work out for your brain. I wore my new shoes for the first dance to break them in but had to resort to my old standbyes after that. After three hours of dancing and learning five dances I was pretty done in. Then I raced back to VC and got ready to go teach swing at the monthly Carson west coast swing dance. It went really well and we're hoping that this helps grow our Friday nights.
The weather is starting to warm up here. This week we are finally hitting the 90's. The evenings are superb for walks and open doors and windows. Tomorrow we're planning on going to the pool and maybe the beach (Tahoe) later this week. I have some crafts for the kids and I to do, including decorating the bikes for our ward 4th of July celebration. We're also going to the VC parade, BBQ at a friends and then the VC fireworks. Wishing you all a Happy 4th of July!!
Isaac's 12th Birth Day
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment