"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Clay-boy!

It was Clay's birthday yesterday. I won't tell you how old he is. I don't think he likes to think about it. I don't; it reminds me how old I am :) This is the birthday cake I made for Clay; dark chocolate everything and raspberry filling. I did pretty good, if a do say so myself. Not bad for my first time...Russ and Jeanie had us over for dinner; Clay had his favorite soup (cheesy potato).
It was really dinner and a show; Cash being the show.
And of course, have to show off his Sunday outfit. Speaking of Sunday, I'm sure you all knew it was daylight savings time. Both Clay and I found out a bit too late; he was late for his ward conference and I was late for Sacrament. But I do pride myself on getting out of the house in fifteen minutes. Later I ran into the same trouble; I had forgotten to change the clocks because I'd rushed out of the house and when I got home I made lunch and then we all went down for a nap. So we were late for Clay's birthday dinner. Nothing new, I know, but we really did try not to be... darn Congress for changing the day for daylight savings...

No comments:

Blog Archive