"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween...belatedly

Happy belated Halloween to you all! Ours was a bit anti-climactic. Clay was busy running errands so I was left on my own to take Cash out. It had begun to rain here and Cash had only had one 1 hour nap. We had more fun before we went out though. Cash has learned how to pick up and put a telephone to his ear and then put it back on the receiver.
I didn't have him wear his costume all day since the tape didn't stay on his jacket very well so I had him wear all camos until it was time to go out for trick or treating.

I don't know how well you can see it, but his back has PHELPS on it and his "swim cap" has both PHELPS and USA with a flag. He wore passifiers around his neck as gold medals (you can see those in the telephone photos). Here he is at his first house (of three total that we went to) after knocking on my parents neighbor's door. Maria, or Auntie Jess as she prefers, dressed up herself and her dog Daisy as French clowns.

Cash was a bit too young to appreciate or enjoy the experience, but there's always next year. Now on to Thanksgiving! Bring on the turkey baby! And cornbread stuffing, and cranberry sauce, and....

1 comment:

Honor said...

The cuteness is too much! I just wanna snatch him up and kiss him to death! I never thought I'd be THAT aunt, hehehe! There's something that makes me go "awwwwww" when I see your tiny little guy standing innocently on a porch next to a huge door. I can just imagine that curious little face of his - the eyes working over the people on the other side like a charm! He's MADE to be a great trick or treater and he doesn't even know it yet! Can't wait to see you guys!

Blog Archive