"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We started ours out rather early as Cash woke up at 6am. I finally got out of bed at 7am and we went downstairs for breakfast. I decided to treat us to orange cinnamon rolls as it was a holiday. Don't worry- Cash ate egg and cheese with non frosted bits of roll. After a couple more hours of playing (Cash) and cleaning (me) Cash went down for a nap with Clay, who actually had never gotten up. While the boys slept I attempted to dismantle our stair railing (and failed) and then cleaned my kitchen. After the boys woke up at noon I finished the dishes while Cash helped Clay with the tools to undo the railing.
We still do not have our washer as we've had to reschedule the installation after discovering the amount of prep work necessary before any such process can begin (take out the railing, remove the picture hangings and nails, remove the laundry area doors and track, remove the shelves and shelving supports...). And after thinking it through today we think we may have to return the stackable washer and dryer we had decided on and just get a regular washer. In the meantime- A BIG THANK YOU to Oma and Opa for doing our laundry! We'd be either gross and smelly or buck naked without you!
Cash ate everything on his plate, though I helped with the stuffing. It was fantabulous! Another gigantic thanks to Grandma and Oma for the wonderful food they made. I did yams at Auntie Cami's request. I always make too many, dangit. Tons of leftovers.
Grandma got Cash something new to tie him to the chair as the towel seemed to be getting too thick (or Cash getting bigger, however you look at it). It's hard to tell from this photos but it's a world map on fabric. So now while eating dinner Cash can inform himself where Djibouti is.

After dinner we read the President's Thanksgiving day proclamation.

And took a group photo.
But the grand finale before pie was JP's magic show. He's a professional!


We all got in on the action- picking cards,

writing our names on cards



.- it was awesome.
After all the festivities (including eating some of Oma's homemade pumpkin pie) Cash zonked out before we even left Grandma and Pop Pops house.
Hoping you all had a wonderful and yummy Thanksgiving. And here's to the guarantee that they'll be playing Christmas music on the radio in the morning- Cheers!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, you elves have some pretty fancy moves. Lovely gams, Clay! Looks like you had a wonderful and fun filled Thanksgiving. You mean you had to wait to hear Chrismtmas music on your radio station? They are behind the times. Ours has been playing Christmas music for three weeks now.
Tootles.

Honor said...

Aww it looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Of course my parents start to have the really COOL entertainment once I'm gone! Maybe I WAS the entertainment and JP was trying to fill my shoes! HAHA JK! Wish we could have all been together, but I'm excited to see you guys at Christmas. Cash will have to show Grant where Djibouti is in February.

Blog Archive