"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Today and previously...


FYI, before I forget, there are a couple of videos posted at the bottom of our page for your viewing pleasure. They are of Cash's birthday jam and his wild ride at the pumpkin patch. Long overdue I know, but at least they finally made it.
I trekked down to San Francisco today with Oma and Opa to visit Nana and Papa. We haven't seen them since June as we've been busy every weekend with weddings. Clay was unable to go (he had a wedding) but we were lucky enough to visit with not only Nana and Papa but Brandon, Patrick and Auntie Kathy. Cash had such a fun time playing with Patrick and then followed Brandon all over the house. He was so enthralled with both of those guys. Nana was in heaven that he would go to her so willingly.




We took Nana and Papa out to lunch at the Olive Garden. Cash did very well eating his lunch of spaghetti, chicken and broccli and then had a taste of Opa's gnocchi soup and some breadstick as well. We brought home lots of leftovers.
I had forgotten to bring my camera so we took all the pictures on Oma's. In downloading them I discovered some others from recent events.
Here is Cash in his new winter hat. We love it, he does not, but he's a good sport and tolerates it when necessary.
Here is another picture of Cash in his Halloween costume on the night of our church trunk-or-treat party.
Here is Cash playing the drums- part of the musical instrument ensemble Oma and Opa got him for his birthday.
So people are always like "wow, he looks so much like Clay." But I have to say that he actually looks more like me. Case in point, the "Cullen look."

I swear I have some photos of me looking just like this with the same expression only I've got pigtails. I joked with Clay that Cash will be a prettier version of him when he gets older.
The final news is that tonight I discovered our washer has died a most horrible, gruesome and tragic death. It actually died two days ago, with clothes still in it. It is indeed quite grotesque, as I should know having just fished out the clothes for an hour. I had started the laundry and then become busy. Normally it signals when it's done, but being that it died part way through the cycle I was obviously never alerted. The next step is to drain the thing and then of course replace it. I am excited about getting a new one; however, I am more depressed about the thought when I contemplate the manuvering of our staircase. It is most inconvenient. And that's an understatement. Will let you know how that all turns out. As a parting bit of entertainment, Cash fell off his rocker today. Okay, more accurately he fell off Nana & Papa's rocker. Cheerio!

No comments:

Blog Archive