"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, November 29, 2008

I think he's turning Japanese, I really think so

I'll explain the title for the post in a bit. First...

We got our washer and dryer today. Yes, the ordeal is over. For those of you who don't know or remember- a quick recap: our washer died about two weeks ago (full of clothes and water I might add); we ordered a stackable washer and dryer (in an attempt to save space); they came to deliver it but we discovered we would have to take down all of our pictures, the nails, take off the railing and all the shelves in the closet as well as the doors; we did this and then discovered (thankfully before they returned with the behemoth) that it still wouldn't fit; last night we went to Lowe's and exchanged the stackable for a regular washer and dryer; and as a side note this decision was made in much agony (probably only on Cullen's part) as we didn't need the dryer but didn't want to have to go through this ever again. So here they are.And yes Jen, the knobs on the other one are quite nice. However, as I don't plan on living here for more than another five years, I'm happy enough with these.
The delivery of our appliances this morning left the house in a total state of dissaray and filth. Thus, it prompted a Christmas cleaning. Which in turn led to Cash's bed being moved (although that's also because his sleeping habits have started to crimp our style).
Aaah... I can breathe in my room once again- let there be space!
I moved the sewing desk down to the living room to make room for his bed (which, in case any of you are worried, is far enough away from any of the half walls and I always keep that window closed when he's there).

Here's the desk's new home.
Notice all of our Christmas cheer. I couldn't help myself- I love decorating for Christmas.
Cash has gotten in on the decorating action- he helped me with the kitchen tablecloth and the nativity scene. He likes to periodically go over and steal the figures. Thankfully they're plastic, but I'm still using it as an opportunity to teach him "gentle".


So the reason for the title of this post is we went to our favorite sushi restaurant today- Sushi Hana. This is the first time we've been and Cash was able to eat some of the food. I ordered him an avacado roll, a tamago (egg) and an inari (tofu and rice) and planned on giving him some of Clay's sesame chicken. I don't know if any of you know just how laborious it can be feeding Cash. I wouldn't say he's a picky eater, just a very slow eater and not terribly fond of chewing. But apparently this kid likes sushi. He scarfed down the egg and avacado and rice and then wanted to devour the inari. I think he really liked the flavor of it; unfotunately he wasn't able to chew and swallow it so he had a wad of it in his cheeks like a chipmunk. One of Cash's favorite things to do at Sushi Hana is to see the fish tank.

Chipmunk cheeks loving the fishies.

Afterward we walked to Screamin' Mimi's (the best ice cream shop around) and we ran in to some friends- Steve and Bernadette. Cash liked the door bell and was ecstatic that David helped him ring it when we left.
Part of the reason for our fun evening was we wanted to spend some time with Esther- David's mom. She's such a doll and we love seeing her every time she comes. Cash enjoyed spending time with Esther too.

Cash has been dancing a lot today- Christmas music, music in the ice cream shop... and he's talking all the time. I can't wait until I know what he's trying to say to me. Fun fun!

No comments:

Blog Archive