We went to St. Helena today to see our nurses Jeanie and Jenny. We were only a month late- as you'll recall from Cash's birthday post we were going to go on his birthday but when I called they said Jeanie wasn't there and made it sound like she might never be back. But I called the day before and she answered the phone. Yippy! So we brought them soap and a pumpkin vase filled with flowers. I'm such a goober- I cry whenever I think about the people who helped me through getting Cash here. Every single one of them says I could have done it without them and while that's partially true (he would have gotten here one way or another) he wouldn't have gotten here the way he did without every one of them (including my sweetheart- that's you Clay). So these sweet ladies put up with me crying on their shoulders and giving them big hugs while I tried to express how grateful I was for them. Cash was good to put up with it too and had a ball rocking in the nurses arm chair and hangin' with the ladies. Can you tell by the smile in the picture?
The drive over was absolutely gorgeous- a great reminder of why we live in California! Clear skies, 75 degrees, fall colors and green, grassy hillsides and fields. For those of you who say you like four distinct seasons- you're just saying that 'cause you're jealous.
Cash is "progressing" every day. His latest trick is to take the cushion out of our rocker so he can climb into the chair and get into more mischief (like reaching what's on the counter including the microwave). He's always so pleased with himself after doing it. Normally he's pretty mellow and easy going but he does this high intensity thing sometimes (including when he conquers the chair for the first time in a day) like he's so excited he doesn't know how else to get it out. He kind of scrunches up and shakes it out with forceful jabberings. It's quite the cutest thing ever, but then I say that about him in general.
No comments:
Post a Comment