"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Did you know?

They oil the lanes at a bowling alley. So if you run down one to catch an escaping toddler you'll slip and fall on your butt. Which makes catching the toddler a bit of a challenge, but do-able.
I have intimate knowledge of this 'cause we took Cash bowling yesterday for the first time. We double dated with Cammie and JP. I forgot my camera but the good news is JP remembered he had his after I fell on my butt chasing Cash down the lane. I laughed so hard, along with the gaggle of girls bowling next to us. It probably was quite a sight to see, but thankfully not recorded for all posterity. I don't need to be the next youtube sensation. I was worried I might be feeling it today, but I'm fine aside from feeling like a did some sit-ups yesterday (which I didn't).
Cash is back to eating wheat (I'd taken him off of it about three weeks ago) but it was a really good experience. It forced me to incorporate vegetables in a more creative way. Like last night I made spaghetti for him with spaghetti squash and he loved it. And I don't let him binge on bread and crackers any more. So proud of us taking a step in a better direction with eating/cooking.
I think we're going to go to the farmer's market on Saturday since there is going to be a bunch of animals to see and pet from the Forestville 4H club. Then we might go out to the beach to fly kites. Looking forward to the weekend...

No comments:

Blog Archive