is finally here!
After 33 1/2 hours of labor, no sleep, and little to no food (as is the way with most deliveries I imagine) our little man arrived in the world at 9:31 am Wednesday morning October 17th at a whopping (I say this in jest as everyone seemed to think he would be gargantuin) 8 lbs 1.6 oz and 21 inches long (okay, he was pretty long I grant you). Now if he hadn't been ten days over due he'd have been in the seven pound range. He had a marvelous cone head but is looking more normal by the hour, and his bruise on his head where he hit my bone is also looking better (he's a star gazer). He has long fingers and toes and his arms, hands, feet, and legs got a little "over done" as happens with most over due babies (his skin is a bit peely). We have determined that he has Clay's eyes, nose, fingers, and toes but he has Haffner hair (it looks like Ben's did when he was a babe) and Cirkl thinks he has my chin. Clay has a theory that he could turn out to be a lefty as he prefers his left hand for pacification. In the short time he's been with us we've discovered that he doesn't really cry, but rather screams, and that he likes his arms swaddled but not his legs. He sneezes quite a bit and is surprisingly observant when awake; and we hope he stays content that way.
As for mom, other than feeling like every muscle has had the workout of a lifetime; she's doing fine. She even can't stop herself from cleaning her hospital room. Granted she moves like a little old lady, but then she was kind of moving that way before he was born any way. We are happy to report that the hospital food is quite good, our rooms view is amazing, our nurses have been wonderful and outstanding, and we've loved our experience. We truly couldn't have made it through without all of of support team. Trish was our savior through it all; as Clay says, she's the best cheerleader ever. And then some. Words cannot express what she's done for our little family and we are endlessly grateful for the gift she has been to us. We say fervent prayers of gratitude for having the special blessing that is her.
And in closing, I wanted to say thank you to the greatest man in my life: Clay. He was there every inch of the way, literally supporting me (and my dead weight :) at all times. He saw me through the lowest and weakest moments I've yet to face and helped pull me through them, always my "you can do it" and "you're amazing" man. And he still loves me :) I think he thinks I'm better or greater than I am, but with him I know I can do anything. My Heavenly Father has enriched my life by sending me those who I couldn't do without , including my dear husband. I kept thinking that He wouldn't try me with more than I could handle, though I have to say at times I felt that I truly couldn't handle it. And without Clay and Trish and all my excellent nurses and doctor (Dr. Geary, Jeannie, and Jenny) I couldn't have. But they helped make me that much greater to meet the challenge. Thank you for them all!
P.S. We'll post pictures at a later date since we are still at the hospital at the moment. Loves to you all!
Isaac's 12th Birth Day
6 years ago
1 comment:
Congratulations You Three! What exciting news! Can't wait to see you and meet Cash at Christmas :) Sending Lots of Love!
Post a Comment