And then some.
No, he's still not here. At this point I'm thinking I should have lied and given everyone a later date because there's this sense of pity/dread once you run over due, along with hightened anticipation from everyone else that just isn't ... fun. Maybe it's my teenage angst rekindled, but I kind of feel like, "fine, you can just stay in there and see how you like that, bubba."
"Why doesn't life work out the way I think it should; I mean, doesn't everyone realize I'm always right? Follow the plan!"
" Nobody listens to me! Make the stars in the universe align!"
...emo music playing in the background...
I think it's mostly the edgyness from other people and the word induced that makes one most unsettled. You'd think I was a month late rather than four days. No, I will not be having a kindergartener. And I'm seriously thinking of not going out in public, so don't be surprised if I don't. And don't call to find out either. Nothing personal, just pretend I have other things going on in my life (since I do: I walk, I help my mom, I went grocery shopping, I cleaned my house, I killed ants, I played scrabble, I watched movies, I did laundry...)
At this point I'm hoping for Monday. Don't ask, it just sounds like a good idea. But I'm not holding my breathe. So neither should you.
Isaac's 12th Birth Day
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment