My little miracle for today was.... actually it started yesterday. Clay took me home early from church as two hours was about all I could go without getting the "nervous itch." And when we arrived home there was a message on our answering machine from Longs that my prescription was ready to be picked up. I had just run out of my hydrocortizone Saturday morning and was dreading having to battle for my prescription again (see previous post) come Monday. On the off chance that they actually had filled a prescription for me I went to Longs this morning and... not only did they have it but they gave me two tubes!
Our doctors appointment went well; some progress is being made, so I won't complain, though not the "you're in labor" I was hoping for. We passed the stress test with flying colors, but it took forever (we were there for about an hour and a half). My nurse was nice but not the most competant. First she couldn't find the baby (I don't know how she could miss him since that's pretty much all I am at this point), then she forgot to bring me the juice that she insisted I drink but didn't really want, she came in freaking out about my due date at one point because she just didn't see how they had come up with it but they weren't going to induce me today so not to worry (like I'd let her anyway, bah), and then finally she said she'd be quick about the ultrasound but took forever to find all the pictures she needed. I confess, I'm comparing her to my nurse on Wednesday who, though not the warmest and fuzziest individual was very quick and confidant.
But I've actually started having contractions that I can feel, which is almost kind of scary. Ah well. No turning back now :) Besides, Clay and I can hardly wait to get to know our little man; all his little quirks and personality traits.
I'm off to try my new remedy; mineral oil and malox. Will let you know how that works on the itch, now that I'm only allowed to use my hydrocortizone once a day. Tee hee.
P.S. Mineral oil and malox are a no go.
Isaac's 12th Birth Day
6 years ago
1 comment:
Cullen, I'm so happy for today's miracle. I'm sorry that you're having to go through this on top of being pregnant, but I get so excited thinking that one of these days very soon will be THAT day, the greatest, most surreal day of your whole life! I'm so excited for you and am praying for your itch to give you a break!
Post a Comment