"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

21

Is the magic number. Yes, I have just lost the most amount of weight in the least amount of time in my life. Granted, I still have about twenty to go to get to where I was before I was pregnant and another twenty after that to be super model size (hey, we all need goals; whether we reach them or not is another matter) but it sounds awfully impressive to have lost twenty-one pounds in under two weeks (including birth of course).
Mom was a dear and went to St. Helena with me for my check-up. All is healing well and we got to drop off soaps and pictures to my nurses and my doctor. I'm such a goober; I cry every time I think of those wonderful people who helped me through my delivery. I like to think it's just because it was such an amazing experience (which it was), but then I'm reminded what a goofball I'm being when Clay and I are watching "The Sixth Sense" again (I have a whole Halloween theme picked out for our movie rentals right now; the best holiday ever!) and I'm bawling at the end with Bruce Willis talking to his wife. Clay just looks at me.... Get a hold of yourself woman!
On a less positive note, does anyone know how to wash a Boppy? Is it like washing a pillow? And can I just suggest that they come up with a water proof Boppy cover. Hey wait, no one steal that; it's going to be Clay's next million dollar idea.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Cullen- You can buy Boppy covers, and just take those off and wash them. I don't know if I'd wash the Boppy itself. I bought my boppy covers at Baby Depot and I've seen them at Target!
Nancy

Jennifer said...

Cullen
you aren't a goober for crying when you think about the wonderful people who helped you during your labor. I cried for two years everytime I saw my nurses and midwife after Rhaevyn was born. I am sure your nurses loved the soaps and they understand why you cry. Because it was such a special time and experience.

Blog Archive