"Men are what their mothers made them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, October 21, 2007

The details...

Okay, so I refuse to give full details (for the sake of others) but we wanted to share with you some of our highlights and heroes:
So this is Cashel's spectacular conehead that Clay keeps raving about. You can kind of see his bruise at the crown of it on the side facing us. My dad was very worried about his head but, as you'll see in later pictures, he's all back to normal now.
My heroic husband and me, enjoying the first few moments together. I cried! But are you really surprised?
My nurse Jeannie. She calls me little mama and was most amazing. We love her!
My Dr. Geary who was so calm and patient... I recommend her highly!
My other nurse Jenny who had the arduous task of keeping the monitor on me at the end but continued to take wonderful care of us afterward too.
And the finest hero of the hour... Trish! She was everything to us and we cannot begin to express the enormity of the phrase "we couldn't have done it without her."
A side not here about the labor hair do. As you'll recall I specifically got my hair cut for the occasion and I even "styled" it before we left for the hospital. However, I failed to realize that I might be in the shower for over 45 minutes and the bath tub for another 30 in an effort to mitigate the pain. Needless to say (as you can see in the pictures) that in such moments as these combing one's hair is not at the top of the list. So what I've realized is that it truly doesn't matter.
We also had some visitors:

Noni, Pops and Cash enjoy our view, which I hope you can see is spectacular.
Oma and Cash. Opa was there too but we don't have a good shot of that but I'm sure he has one and I still need to teach them how to edit their blog. It's on our to-do list.
Aunt Cami. And don't worry Britt, he's too little to have favorites right now. And we so look forward to sharing him with you at Christmas. We love you Britt!
And while we're at it we want to say how much we love and miss Jen, Chris, Rhaevyn, Aeva, Myles, Ben, Stacey, Honor, Jeremy, Grant, Auntie Cindy, Auntie Donna, Auntie Linda, Auntie Kathy, Nana and Papa, Kathleen and Ryan, Dan and Tatianna (we're thinking of you and wishing you well with your little one on the way), and Sean to name a few of our family. If I somehow forgot to mention you don't take it personally; you can only imagine how sleep deprived I am right now. Just know we love you!
Cirkl couldn't wait to see him and came to visit us Thursday along with treats for us grown ups.
Clay and Cash are great together. I always knew Clay was a natural with kids, but he's so sweet with our little "buddy" as he calls him. If I wasn't already desperately in love with him this would be the clincher.
And finally, the man of the hour. Our little bird or veloca-raptor. You think we're joking, but that's how he starts his cries. Which, like we mentioned earlier, aren't really cries but more like screams. But we love him dearly and are endlessly fascinated with him. You wouldn't think there'd be much to be fascinated with at this stage of the game... maybe it's a parent thing. And we think he's beautiful in spite of his monkey feet and old man hands. Or should I say ET hands?
Cashel Jack Mitchell
8 lbs 1.6 oz 20inches

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Oooooohhhhhhhh, hugs, blessings, and love to the three of you. Isn't it just amazing??????? I'll be in touch soon. Take care and congratulations!
Nancy and Don

Blog Archive